Made this video down by Sydney Harbour after flying back home to Australia from Europe to speak at Australia’s biggest Affiliate Marketing Conference – AffiliatSyd. I spoke about How to Skyrocket Followers using Facebook, Twitter and Blogging.
It was absolutely awesome – the crowd was so many keen and open minded affiliates and entrepreneurs and they were great! I LOVED IT and we were out until late at night with everyone!
Susan Bratton came to Australia and did a great keynote on persuasion marketing – she actually recorded her whole presentation at conversiontriggers.com. So here are 5 Tips for Email Marketing Sales Conversions for Affiliates from Susan Bratton’s Keynote:
- She talked about the Rule of Reciprocity – that when you give value first, like free ebook or free tips, customers feel more compelled to do something back – huge as some other affiliates concerned that you can’t sell on social media or Facebook – but I say, give value first and create desire.
- Susan loves getting their email, she said give them 3 pieces of content / value then go for the close
- Features and Benefits don’t really sell products, what sells is stories, tell how it solves someone elses problem. She talked about how powerful story telling is, and overcoming objections, and had a great quote by David Garfinkel “Join in the conversation a person is having with himself”
- Run their emotions from the worst/horrible scenario without your product – like crying/unhappy baby to the best/wonderful scenario – good behaved baby, lost weight etc and back so they feel the pain and contrast.
- Using tools like Google Website Optimizer for split testing, she said you need between 500-1500 clicks before they can tell the difference between 5-8 headlines in a statistically significant way, usually between $50-$150 to test, she said she tests 7 landing pages for her product about rekindling the intimacy in a relationship. Some quick tips were captions under pictures convert more, and orange buttons work best.
Moderator Matt Bateman from Viva9 similarly talked about some great campaigns, a quick tip he mentioned too was that ORANGE and GREEN signup buttons work best.